Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Past Week - June 19 - June 26
















What a glorious week! Last Saturday, we were still in the awesome Tetons. I still miss them! Sunday - We moved to Yellowstone and the Madison Campground. It was 14 miles from West Yellowstone, MT. The campground was right on the convergence of three rivers, the Gibbon, the Firehole, and the Madison. I cannot tell you how that delighted the flyfisher husband.





Monday - We went to West Yellowstone and visited a few flyshops. Phil bought some flies, chatted about the fishing, and bought his three day fishing permit for Yellowstone N.P. We went back and surveyed the rivers.





Tuesday - We went to Mammoth Hot Springs and Tower Falls in Y.N.P. On the way, we saw a momma grizzly with FOUR cubs!!!!! I got a photo of the mom, but she was moving too fast to get a second shot of the cubs. I took a lot of photos. We also went to the Artists' Paint Pots. I remember the mud pots vividly from our visit 26 years ago. This year, they were not bubbling like in the past. The larger amount of rain has an effect on them. I was a little disappointed, but we still enjoyed seeing them.





Wednesday - It was a gorgeous day! Phil flyfished all day long, with a short lunch break. He only almost caught one. It got close enough to see it was a brown trout. That kind of thing would discourage me from fishing because I like to catch them if I am going to invest my time fishing. Phil, on the other hand, is just as happy being in the water, making the effort, and enjoying the scenery. He had a wonderful day. I had a great day reading a book, watching him, and taking photos. You will see he got very, very close to some buffaloes who crossed the river near him. He did not see them until they were just right there at him, so he continued doing what he was doing and they peacefully crossed.





Thursday - We went to Old Faithful Inn for lunch. The lunch buffet was $13.50 and included the beverage. I had panfried rainbow trout, salad (nice salad bar), macaroni salad (because the rice pilaf was not good), apple crisp, and lemonade. Phil had the above, plus baked beans and bbq chicken. We had cell covereage there, and I had a message to call Barbara, a friend from Townsend. While I was talking to her, one of the unpredictable geysers erupted. I was talking to Barbara and taking photos at the same time. We stopped at some of the thermal features on the way back to the campground and pretty much ate up the day sightseeing.





Friday - We sadly packed up and traveled to Boise, ID. It was over 400 miles and took us about eight hours. Phil does not go over 60 mph, even though the speed limit is 75. We are in Meridian, ID, actually. We have full hookups for a change. It is much warmer here! It was in the low 80's yesterday, and today will be mid-80's. Until we get to Lynden, WA, four nights from now, we will be in the mid-80's.





Saturday - Phil will go to Cabela's, Sierra Traders, and Camping World. We went to Sierra Traders last night after we ate at Cracker Barrel (the one and only in Idaho). That was enough for me, but Phil will go back and leisurely look over everything! At some point here, we will go to the grocery store and/or Walmart. I will post a few photos on here and more on FaceBook. This is the first day I have worn shorts in three weeks. It has been too cold! I even had to shave my legs!





Observations: We are still enjoying our devotion time and prayer time together. I also am in awe of how God tells us He loves us. We hear, see, and feel His love for us each day in His beautiful creation and in the many ways He blesses us - health, protection, patience, etc...... Thank you, Father! How awesome is your love!

No comments:

Post a Comment