Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 13 - Greybull to Dubois, WY (Thermopolis)
















The scenery is so beautiful. Around every corner and over every hill, it changes. I took about 100 photos today, most as we were driving. We did stop at Thermopolis to see the Hot Springs State Park. We walked their boardwalk, and I took some photos. They have a nice park with picnic areas, water slides, and three pools. Two are olympic size. People can bathe in the mineral springs pools free. There is a smell of sulfur, but it is not as strong as some of the places in Yellowstone. We also stopped in Riverton and did a little Walmarting. When we got to Dubois, it was 59 degrees. The wind was blowing. I looked at NOAA and we were gusting up to 41 mph. That was the strongest wind we have had on the trip so far. We are glad it has settled down. It is a nice campground. Phil said the toilets would flush a moose. LOL! He really did! We did laundry and now we are just chilling a little before bed. We will get up as early as we can make ourselves and head to Colter Bay in the Grand Tetons. We can't get reservations there, so it is first come, first served. It will take us about two hours to get there, so we hope to get off early. I'll blog as often as I can. My friend Helen has told me where to go to get online. God continues to bless us on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment