Sunday, July 4, 2010

July Fourth

Thank goodness we can get a few Seattle stations; otherwise, we would never know it was the Fourth of July! Happy Birthday, America! We miss you! As I sit here typing this, there are two foreigners using their computers. I can't tell what European language it is, but it is interesting to listen.
As we were eating lunch and deciding what to do for the afternoon (because it had not rained as was predicted), there was a knock on our door. The next door neighbor told us we had water running out the outside shower door. Long story short, there went the rest of the afternoon with two trips to Home Depot. I fried chicken and made macaroni and cheese for supper (two of Phil's favorites). He says there is still a slight drip, but it is not hurting anything. It is just annoying him. He is on his computer now trying to see if anyone else has had this problem and what they did to fix it. I guess all that bumping over all the torn up roads that are being prepared for paving has shaken things loose.
I think tomorrow we may go to Stanley Park, barring anything else going wrong. We will get the one day transit passes again. I wish you could get a week pass, but that is not possible.
So, I sit here counting my blessings on this day. I missed jail ministry tonight, but I have prayed for the team going in and the inmates. I pray the inmates find the freedom they need; that is the freedom Jesus offers us through His sacrifice. None of us deserve it, and if God were fair, we'd all be doomed. Thank you, Lord, for always being faithful and true to your Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment