Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 27 - Last Day in Kalispell


Phil, finishing up the camper and truck washings.


We made the grocery store rounds and got gas for $2.70 a gallon (cheapest in a long, long time) at Smith's. We could not possibly get another thing in the frig. Phil is washing the camper and truck as I type. This campground allows that (which is unusual, especially for how cheap it is). I think we are going to get pizza for supper and then start organizing the inside for the move tomorrow. Although I will miss my toaster oven, microwave, wifi, and cable, I look forward to our week of roughing it. It is nice to have the change. We have enjoyed paying no sales tax on anything in Montana. I'm going to take a shower and then do a last load of laundry. By the way, yesterday got up to 91 degrees. Today the high has been 74 degrees (at 3:20 p.m.). I like that! If NOAA's forecast is right, we will have nights in the upper 40's and days in the low to mid 70's while we are at St. Mary's Campground. If you do not hear from me for a bit, it will be because we do not have access to wifi. It looks like we will have to each purchase an annual national park pass for Banff and Jasper National Parks' two weeks. From what I have read, the Icefields Highway (think that is what it is called) is going to be awesome. If we did not purchase the annual pass, we would have to get a daily pass every time we entered the park or exited and re-entered. The annual pass will be pricey, but we will probably never travel there again. It is cheaper than getting that many days' daily passes. Oh dear, I am rambling..... Have a good one! We still marvel at the beauty God has created!

No comments:

Post a Comment