Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July 13 - On the Road Again to St. Regis, MT

You can't tell much because the actual dam is almost hidden. It is a very tall dam!

This is the back of the Grand Coulee Dam.

This was the view we had from the back of the camper.


That dot is a head of a swimmer. It was in the 60's that day.


And we went from Pacific to Mountain time. I think I could be an early riser if I lived in the Pacific time zone all the time! On a secondary road in Washington before we got to I-90, a big black bear ran out in front of us crossing the road. Phil braked, and the bear and we were all OK. There were signs warning of deer crossing, but not a thing about bears crossing! Of course, it happened too fast for me to get a photo. The drive was a lot of climbing and descending. Phil is pooped. We rode by the Grand Coulee Dam. That is one big dam! We did not stop to get photos, but I shot them from through every window in the truck on the driver's side!
St. Regis is supposed to be a flyfishing haven. Phil said it is a float river. He may see how much it will cost to fish a day. We leave here Thurs. morning for a week in Kalispell.
I took a few photos at the campground in Winthrop, WA, that I will try to post. I wish we had gone downtown because it was the cutest thing I have seen. It is totally Old West looking. It was a long drive (with a mandatory stop at Cabela's in Post Falls, ID). We left at 8:07, and got here at 4:39 (or 3:39 Pacific time).
I cooked mac and cheese to go with the left over chicken nuggets I had fried last night. Then I made a blueberry cobbler to use up some sorry blueberries we bought in Bellingham, Washington. They were amazingly good in the cobbler. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment