Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Aug. 8 - Banff (and some photos from Logan's Pass in Glacier)

We slept like logs last night and woke up a little after 8:00. It was 48 degrees. Ahhhhhh! It is supposed to be a really nice day. There is a lot of rain in the 10 day forecast, so we will make the best of our sunny days after today. Today will be a little more leisurely as we recover from staying up so late our last night at St. Mary and then driving to Banff.

Glacial Lilies at Logan Pass

The yellowish color is from all the Glacial Lilies!

How would you like to be from Head-Smashed-In?

Across the street from the campground - You cannot get a feel for how huge this mountain is from the photo.

Another view from another direction in the campground

And another direction and views from the campground outside of Banff

Closeup of the Glacial Lily (or Glacier Lily - forgot which)

These flowers were all over the campground at St. Mary.


We went to town to Second Cup, got coffee and a maple walnut muffin. I only ate half my muffin, although I wanted it all!!!! They are the best muffins I have ever had! Last year, Phil tried several others before getting one. Since then, he only has gotten maple walnut muffins. We had access to free wifi there, so we checked e-mail (I had 165 since yesterday.) and Facebook. I type my blog before we go there, and just copy and paste and submit it and the photos. It only allows eight or nine photos per blog. I have many more!!!! We walked all the way up and down the town sidewalks. We will walk around the campground, too. Right across the street is an overlook of the Bow River. I'll take my camera and get some photos. Phil remarked how he had forgotten how steep the mountains are here and how high. It is truly a gorgeous place! We are so blessed to be here again.


P.S. It is Tues. a.m., and the forecast is for 60-70% chance of rain tomorrow and Thurs., so I probably will not get to post until Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment