Monday, August 15, 2011

Aug. 14 - Icefields Parkway

We rode to the Icefields Parkway Center where we rode the Snowcoach to a glacier last year. We got into some sprinkles closer to the center, but I still was able to get some good photos. At one of the pull-overs, I was taking photos, and my eye caught something dark. It was a big bear eating berries right below me. He stopped eating and looked at me for a minute before he decided I was not a threat. In that time I gauged that I could make it to the truck if he started running up the embankment to get me. It was a black bear.

Grizzlies are scarce here. I heard on the news that the biggest threat to their small grizzly population is trains. They do go to great lengths to protect the animals with eight foot tall fences down both sides of the highway and a good many overpasses just for the animals. They are quite unique. Tomorrow is supposed to be very chilly and rainy. I have been in jeans for the last four or five days. We had to close up the camper one time, and we will probably have to do that tomorrow, too. I just love it!!!!

The stare-down!

I never get tired of seeing glacial lakes!



The glaciers seemed to be thicker this year. I hope so!


Beautiful views EVERYWHERE!!!

Bridal Falls
Aug. 14 - raining - the set-in kind - By the way, I totally left off photos from the Vermillion Lakes walk.... have to post them on Facebook, along with more that I took on the Icefields Parkway.



No comments:

Post a Comment