Sunday, August 28, 2011

Aug. 28 - travel day to Helena, MT

No photos today, but the entry back into the good ole USA was interesting. We found last year that this particular entry was the most critical. Phil had to open the locked truck bed cover, and they opened the doors to the truck and looked through things. This year they asked if I had any fruit or vegetables. I had a roma tomato and garlic (that I wisely had put inside the truck). I had to give the guard my tomato. That is the first time ever that I have been asked that. Then they asked for the camper keys, and a guard opened the camper and looked inside. We did not have to park and do the slides out, so it was not much of a look. They were very nice, but just more involved than usual (except when we came back from a day trip to Waterton last year).

We were going to stop at Great Falls, MT, but we decided to keep on riding and ended up in Helena for the night. We did grocery shopping, but we are going to save laundry until tomorrow at West Yellowstone. From there we will probably go straight to Colter Bay in the Tetons (one of our all time favorite places).

No comments:

Post a Comment