Thursday, August 18, 2011

Aug. 17 - Lake Louise and Moraine Lake


Lake Louise

Lake Louise

Lake Louise

Lake Louise

Moraine Lake

Moraine Lake

These are the animal crossings on TransCanada 1.

Lake Louise
I tortured myself this morning and rolled out of bed at 7:00. Phil got up about 7:30, and we set off for Lake Louise after getting gas. If you do not get to Lake Louise early, you will not get a parking place. It was a beautiful day! Last year when we went to Lake Louise and Moraine Lake, it was very smoky from wildfires in British Columbia. I was so disappointed. I was NOT disappointed today! We walked a lot further than we did a year ago, but we did not make it to the tea house(sorry, Helen G. - we tried!). We walked more than four miles today. After we left the Lake Louise area, we went to Moraine Lake. Last year, Phil could not get a park, so I hopped out and got a couple of shots. This year, we got a park!!!! Truly, I think Moraine Lake is more beautiful than Lake Louise. Lake Louise is beautiful and a kind of milky aqua, but Moraine Lake is sparkly aqua/emerald. We hiked up the path/steps to the top of an old landslide to get a few shots looking down. When my bulk meets a hill and thinner air from the elevation, especially after hiking around Lake Louise and one significant climb there, I am one tired fat woman! Then when we got back, we parked and walked several blocks to eat at our favorite restaurant, The Balkan (Greek). We got a Greek salad and Greek pizza. I am sore and tired, but had an awesome, blessed day! Thank you, Lord, for showing us your incredible beauty! I will put seven or eight photos on the blog and many more on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment