Monday, August 1, 2011

Aug. 1 - Ennis (side trip to Bozeman)

I am going to post a couple of photos I took yesterday evening. The mixture of storm clouds, sunshine, and finally a rainbow made for some great evening photos. We went to Bozeman today to get the oil changed in the truck and do some heavy duty grocery shopping for the trip to St. Mary and then three weeks in Canada. Young adults were panhandling at both entrances to Walmart. One even had a sign that said, "Why lie? I need a joint bad." Can you believe that???? If we had had to stop, I'd have told him he needed Jesus bad, not a joint!

We do laundry tomorrow and start getting things situated to go to Conrad for Wed. night. Then we go to St. Mary's Campground, a national park campground, with no hookups for three days. I am spoiled. I really like to use all my toys! I miss my toaster oven and microwave when we dry camp, but with the generator, we can at least use the coffee maker in the morning and keep the cell phones charged.

I also have scheduled my phone to cover us in Canada. I will not be able to use my Internet, nor e-mail services, though. Son Brice is having oral surgery to start the implant process for three bottom teeth this Thursday, and I want to be able to check on his recovery. While we are in Banff, we will go to a coffee shop every day or two to check our e-mail. I hope I can resist their fabulous maple nut muffins!!!

When we came back to the campground today, Phil was unloading stuff while I put groceries away. He said he saw a motorhome on fire. The fire department showed up  and extinguished it. Phil said it looked like it was in the kitchen area. I guess that ruined their trip! It would mine!

This is the view looking northeast. dark storm clouds in the distance and sun shining on the meadow

I took this one through a window on one of the slides looking west. (sorry for the glare)

This is the view southeast.





When I looked out the view from the slide window, this is what I saw. I took it through the window but did not get a glare this time.
We had a scare with Phil's back. He was bringing in a 24 pack of bottled water and felt something in his back move. He dropped the water and then went for a walk. He said it feels real tight. He is going to take some muscle relaxers and see how it goes. All prayers are welcome! Thank you in advance!

2 comments:

  1. Kay, once driving back to Gardiner from Bozeman, I saw 6 rainbows in the Paradise Valley. Your photos are beautiful! I miss this part of the country but am looking forward to being back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful views! I hope Mr. Horton's back is better. I'll certainly say a prayer for y'all!

    ReplyDelete