Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ennis - July 21

Great sleeping here! We woke up around 8:00, and it was 49degrees. I love it! When I woke up, I looked out my little side window, and there were mountains. I looked directly in front of me out that window, and there were more mountains. Views everywhere you look!

We took our walk around the campground. There is a creek that flows along the back down an embankment that has a hot spring. We saw Sandhill Cranes, Canadian geese, and deer out in the pasture land beyond the creek at the base of the mountains. I had to go back and get the binoculars and my camera to see what the birds were. The bad thing was my card was still in the computer and not in my camera, so I did not get any photos. I'll look again tomorrow.

The man came and fixed the front stabilizer jack. It cost us $100, but it was well worth it. I e-mailed Keystone about it and suggested they put an applique telling a person when to stop trying to retract the jack. I told them the Wildcat fifth wheel beside us had one on it - cheap and would have saved us $100. Letting it contract all the way until it stopped was what caused the problem. It is marked now! Lesson learned!

When the man left, we repositioned the camper to get it more level. We had to leave it hooked to the truck last night. Then Phil turned our table around so it is horizontal along the window. We like that better. He also spent part of the day doing a little organizing. I spent the day getting my nest ready for our extended stay.

Last night's sunset
We are talking about staying two weeks here. We took a ride through town, and it is the cutest little town! We also want to go to Nevada City and Virginia City. Also, I am hoping he will do some flyfishing and actually catch some adult fish we can eat! This place is famous for the rainbow and brown trout populations. There is a section upstream that is all catch and released. The lower part and lots of lakes and streams around here are keepable! Phil likes catch and release because he does not like gutting and fileting fish. I told him to catch them, and I will get them ready for the pan and cook them! So....we will see how that goes....

A front is coming through tomorrow and will bring a chance of storms and rain. This weekend will be very warm, approaching 90 on Sunday or Monday before it cools off again. The nice thing is that every night gets down into the 40's.

We did not think we could get any tv stations here, but we can get two.

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures make me want to get in the car and go right now! I love that y'all are thinking about staying two weeks. Love the idea of all that freedom.
    I'd love a tour of your camper. I'm still trying to sell Wayne on the idea of getting one.

    ReplyDelete