Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Buffalo to Billings (LIttle Big Horn) - July 19

The interstate was red (like red brick).
The truck did great up and down these hills/mts.
We got up early! We wanted to get a seat on the tour bus for the Little Big Horn Battlefield site. We just made it! The tour bus is owned and operated by the Crow Reservation people. It was a great hour spent on it. I highly recommend this to everyone. The history lessons are amazing. They have grave markers where the soldiers and civilians fell and died. They are beginning to put red grave markers where the Native Americans fell and died. Some times you will see one or two markers alone in a field, and other times you see clusters of markers. Where Custer fell, there is a cluster. With him were several other Custers, I think brothers. I noticed on the markers that one was a civilian and one was a Capt. The visuals at that site add to its gruesome reality tremendously. The museum with artifacts recovered from the site is very good, too. We spent a couple of hours there. Phil went last year. The day was so hot that I chose not to go. It was hot today, but his photos from last year made me want to go. Today should be our last really hot day (in Billings). We are going to Ennis tomorrow for a week (highs in the 70's-80's and lows in the 40's). I am so excited to be going somewhere for a week! These one nighters tire me, and I am ready to play house in my camper!!!

1 comment:

  1. I envy those cooler temps. Hot here! Your pictures are great. I want to follow in your footsteps one day soon! :)

    ReplyDelete