Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sept. 18 - Day Trip to Rocky Mt. National Park

It is a nice ride to Estes Park and to Rocky Mt. National Park, but it is a treat to be in that national park. When you ride up to the Alpine Visitors' Center, you go up to almost 12,000 ft. above sea level on a road that frequently has no shoulder. It was cold up top. When we were there a year ago this past June, there was still a lot of snow left from winter, and we saw a skiier. Although there are snow fields and even fresh snow from this past week's cold front, there wasn't nearly the amount of snow we saw last time we were there. It was a nice day. Phil is sad to leave the West. He just loves this area of the country. I do, too, but I am ready to explore the Northeast, Nova Scotia, etc. We may come back next summer if Hayden wants to come with us. We'd love to be able to bring all our grandchildren when they are around 11 to the West and show them the wonders out here.

I got an e-mail from our neighbor who is getting our mail for us. She said I got a jury summons for Oct. 4, so tomorrow morning, I will be calling the clerk of court. I was supposed to fill out a form and mail it back to them within 10 days. We will not get back until Sept. 27. If they can e-mail it to me, I'll be able to print it and mail it to them.




Tomorrow we head to North Platte, Nebraska. We will stay two nights and then head to Gretna, near Omaha for two more nights. Then we will head for Rock Island, Illinois, for two nights. The last two nights will be in or near Cincinnati.

No comments:

Post a Comment