Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 3















































































Day 3 - We are in Cheyenne, WY. I actually took some photos today, not of the scenery, though. We were going down I-80 and saw this thing across the Interstate. We had to check that out. I have photos below. I also took some photos outside and INSIDE Cabelas in Sidney, NE. My good friend Barbara told me to take my camera inside. Of course, I was the only person with a camera inside, but I took some photos. Very interesting place! We did not buy a thing. Then we go up the road and I check the weather as we were getting closer to Cheyenne because the sky is looking rather funky. Well, Cheyenne was under a tornado watch(still are for another hour and a half). The sky looked worse and worse, so we got off an exit at a truck stop where a lot of trucks had also gotten off the interstate and waited for the clouds to move past the area where we would be traveling. I will post a couple of photos of what we saw. THEN, we get to Cheyenne and to our campground. It just happens to be at the same exit as the Sierra Traders Outlet. So we hurriedly got set up and rushed to Sierra Traders. We did find some bargains there. I got a pair of $90 Keen shoes for $22. Phil got a $135 pair of shoes (can't remember kind - in truck - too tired and lazy to go see) for $28. We also got a real bamboo shade long enough to replace a worn-out, drooping miniblind in one of the bedrooms back home for $6. We could not find a shade long enough at Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart, or Target. We were going to have to get a custom made one, so I was thrilled to get the bamboo roman shade. I am beginning to hate mini-blinds....goes along with my extreme dislike of dusting them. So, here I am sitting on the sofa with my feet up, and Phil is on the other one. Both of us using our laptops. The campground sells BBQ, so we ate a sandwich for supper. It was quite decent. Oh, we have the nine nights planned and reserved!!!!! NINE!!!!! We will be here for two nights. We'll head to Estes Park and the Rocky Mt. National Park for the day tomorrow. Friday we will head to Casper for three nights. Then we will go to Custer State Park for four nights. Helen and Barbara, if you are reading this, we will stay at Grace Coolidge Campground. It is so wonderful to be staying in one place for longer than one night!!!! Phil looked at me a minute ago, and said, "You know, we have come a long way in three days." LOL! He is too cute! I am so blessed! Now, let me go see if I can remember how to post some photos. OK, loaded. Weather report just said a storm should hit between 8:30 and 9:00 with one inch hail. We are praying it stays west and north of us! Denver had six to twelve inches of hail today!!!!! They were using snow shovels to remove it! Can you imagine????

No comments:

Post a Comment