Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 2 - We arrived at the campground in Lincoln, Nebraska, at about 4:15 p.m. We left Eureka this morning about 8:00. Yesterday we drove through four states (TN, KY, IL, and MO). Today only three: MO, IO, and NE. It was a nice, uneventful drive. The most interesting things we saw were the stadiums in Kansas City, MO. We could imagine on a game day riding down the interstate and seeing into the stadium. It must be quite a site (and distracting to drivers!!!!). We are less tired today. We haven't done the math to see how many miles we drove today, but it was a lot less than the 540 miles we drove yesterday. The last time we came across the country, we rode through Kansas and it was flat, flat, flat. Riding through Missouri was mainly gentle rolling hills. We are really enjoying our morning rituals of praying together and me reading the Bible as we ride. We also listened to a good sermon by Charles Stanley we found on a radio station. At home, we mainly do our own private praying and Bible reading. We are enjoying this time with the Father together. There is something uniquely intimate about worshipping together as a couple. I hope we will continue when we get back home (with some private study, too). This evening we will study the map and decide where our adventure will take us tomorrow and hopefully for the Memorial Day Weekend. Stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. Kansas...I spent many summers their as a child. Yes, flat it is. I found out yesterday that I am going to take a car trip myself from Jacksonville to San Antonio, TX. My brother Jeff, who lives in Durango, Colo. left last week for Alexandria, VA. to visit friends and then is traveling south to Savannah to visit our brother Mike and family and then on to Jacksonville to visit Frank and I for a few days. I am going to then travel with him by car to San Antonio to visit our sister for a couple of days and then fly home. I am excited about it. It will give me a little bit of a break from the radiation treatments. We are leaving on June 6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been out of the loop and am playing catch up! The skies did look very scary! I bet you are having a great time! The pictures are super!
    Carol Anne

    ReplyDelete