Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 1
We left Townsend at 8:15 a.m. and drove 10 hours today. We are camping at the KOA in Eureka, MO. It was a safe trip. (short, choppy sentences -- hmmmm, can you tell I am tired???)
The most interesting thing I saw was a group of Amish young men (looked about 16) walking down the right-of-way of the interstate facing traffic. Also, seeing the arch in St. Louis is a treat. We talked about our last trip out West with the children and how very different it is with just the two of us. Twenty-six summers ago we spent eight-and-a-half weeks going out West and back with our three children. Those are some of my favorite memories ever!
It is hot here. On the road, the car said it was 94 degrees. I saw the weather forecast for West Yellowstone. The expected three to five inches of snow last night and today. By the weekend, though, it will be in the low 60's for highs. We are still trying to decide where to spend Memorial Day Weekend.
It was good to know I would not run in to anyone I knew today, now that I have some hair on my head that is shorter than my eyelashes..... LOL! Grow, hair, GROW!!!!

3 comments:

  1. What fun Kay. This is a great way for all of us to keep up with you guys as you travel the country. Keep the posts coming. Getting ready to leave for my 3rd radiation appointment. Everything is going well so far. Hummmmnn, where to spend Memorial Day. What a fun thing to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when y'all took your family out west years ago. Doesn't seem like that many years!
    It must be wonderful to be able to pick up and go the way y'all do. I'm jealous!(In a happy for you kinda way!) Take lots of pictures!
    I'm excited to follow you on your travels! Be safe! And post some pictures of that hair! :)
    Not sure how to sign in as Carol Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are off to a good start. I wish I had known you would be passing the St Louis Arch, you could have dropped me off to visit the grand children...lol

    ReplyDelete