Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 21 and 22 - Sun., Mon. June 13 and 14

Sunday we did not do much, just rested. It rained in afternoon and evening. Monday (today) we rode the Teton Park Rd., a very scenic drive. We saw a bear that onlookers thought might be a black bear (although it was brown). Then we stopped at several overlooks and the Jenny Lake Visitors' Center. Jenny Lake is gorgeous! It is crystal clear. We then went to Jackson Hole to eat lunch at the Snake River Brewery Restaurant. I had a great turkey reuben, and Phil got a hamburger. The fries were some of the best I have ever had. Then we went grocery shopping and headed back. We went back the Teton Park Rd., too. We saw a moose and a grizzley!!!! The grizzly had a huge bear jam, and rangers were there to manage the crowds. I hope you have Facebook because I posted the photos on there. It was a thrilling day! The animals waited for the sun to come out! We were so happy to have a sunny day and temps approaching 70 degrees in Jackson! I also enjoyed seeing some wildflowers because they have been few and far between. I love wildflowers! A Mountain Bluebird flew right in front of the truck, but I had no time to get a photo. They are beautiful birds! Lovely, lovely day! The mosquitos are out, though. Huh-oh! I am truly delicious to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment